Travel and tourism employs over 300 million people globally. College graduates, colleagues, and industry contacts could all be looking at the same promotion or job that has grabbed your attention. Making the assumption that you will automatically move up or be considered because you already work within the business, will most likely lead to disappointment. The candidate (internal or external) who is following a well thought out career plan and who makes time to thoroughly prepare for opportunities and interviews will be the winner.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a career plan and vision board to help keep you focused on what success looks like and how to achieve it, either when climbing the career ladder or continuing in the same role
- List the essential elements of a great CV
- Recognise that failure to prepare in detail for an interview will lead to a decline
- Recite the preparation required to guarantee a successful interview
- Prepare a list of answers to the most commonly asked interview questions
- List a number of methods which will help you to overcome nerves
- Explain how to use your voice and body language to add impact and meaning to your interview discussion
- Recognise the value of feedback and use it to change weaknesses into strengths
- Describe how to negotiate a job offer
We would also encourage you to complete our ‘Presentation Skills in Travel’ course which can be accessed from the travel courses page on the Ambitions Travel Training website.